I am a big fan of optical illusions; I love ‘em (see here and here and here and here). A lot of Bad Astronomy is due to one illusion or another, like the Glass Worm, but that’s incidental. I just think they’re cool.
One of my favorites is the in-out illusion, where your brain can’t tell if something is convex or concave. It’s maddening, and fun. The Mighty Optical Illusions site has one of the best examples I have ever seen of it, a spinning silhouette that’ll melt your brain. Go have a look!
Links to this Post
- Tonight’s Full Moon Will Look Huge | June 30, 2007
- According to Colwell » Blog Archive » Spinning Silhouette Illusion | June 30, 2007
- Seed's Daily Zeitgeist: 7/2/2007 » Chymistry | July 16, 2007
- The same color illusion « Mind? What mind? | July 17, 2007
- Bijzondere Spiraal! | PuurZaam.nl | March 16, 2011