On this day, eight years ago, a magnetic anomaly due to a nuclear waste buildup on the Moon hurtled our only natural satellite out of Earth orbit. All hands on Moonbase Alpha were presumed lost.
What? You’re not a "Space:1999" fan? Fine then. But you’re missing out on some classic pure 1970s cheese-o-rama.
I found this image years ago. Sigh. If only.
Links to this Post
- Telescope Fun » Blog Archive » Happy Breakaway Day! | September 13, 2007
- Geoff Arnold » Blog Archive » Check out BAB today... | September 13, 2007
- Astrolink [Global Edition] » Kaguya to the Moon on Sept 13/14 | Latest astronomy news in 11 languages | September 13, 2007
- Sneak peek: Bender’s Game | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine | October 29, 2008
- Freakin’ sweet! | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine | January 26, 2009