The reason I went to Comic Con was because the Hive Overmind (Discover Magazine) sponsored a panel discussion about the Science of Science Fiction, and invited me to be on it. They paid for my junket, which was very cool of them, and of course buys my loyalty for at least a week or two.
The panel was a lot of fun. They recorded it, and it’s now live:
The audience seemed to enjoy the discussion, and we got a lot of great questions. The panelists were me, Kevin Grazier (science advisor for Battlestar Galactica, Eureka, and The Zula Patrol), and Jaime Paglia (Executive Producer of Eureka). The moderator was Stephen Cass, who contributes to the Science Not Fiction blog at DM.
After the panel, DM took us all out to dinner (Kevin had to leave early, which is too bad; we’ve been friends a while and I would’ve liked to have hung out more). Jaime went, as well as Eureka writer Eric Wallace and his wife Wendy (coproducer of seasons 1 and 2 of Eureka). Eric is teh awesome, and we spent a lot of time cracking each other up and squeeing over Doctor Who. In fact, everyone I met was totally cool. I’m really having a hard time assimilating that fact; everyone was fun to be with.
I have more Comic Con info coming later, but I’m still struggling to catch up with email, the blog, and life in general. But I have to tell y’all about the SciFi Channel’s afterparty… but that’ll have to wait for later.
But it was AWESOME.
Links to this Post
- Watch the Comic-Con Panel on Science and Science Fiction | Mike Brotherton: SF Writer | July 31, 2008
- Tales of Dragon Con: Astronomycast Live! | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine | September 9, 2008
- A Promise Is A Promise… | The Loom | Discover Magazine | April 8, 2009
- Moderating the Mythbusters Comic Con panel? CONFIRMED. | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine | June 25, 2009
- FoxTrot on Comic Con | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine | July 21, 2009
- Watch this Space… » Skepticality - The Official Podcast of Skeptic Magazine and the Skeptics Society | June 3, 2011