As you might expect, things are a little crazy around BA HQ. I’m having a hard time keeping up! Until things settle down, a few bits-n-pieces for you.
0) Before anything else, I want to let everyone know how truly amazing the response has been to my new job title! The flood of email, tweets, IMs and everything else has been making my heart sing. It’s incredible to see just how many friends are out there, and how many people have been influenced by Randi and the JREF. Thank you everyone. Wow.
1) Didja see the solar eclipse? No? Never fear. Emily has a cool pic, here’s a cool video, and this is an astonishing video of the view from an airplane. You can see the shadow of the Moon on the sky! Better yet, you can see the shadow move as the eclipse progresses.
2) The Carnival of Space is up! Woohoo!
3) Last week was NASA’s 50th anniversary. I wasn’t invited to the party. Maybe it was something I said.
4) I can haz pareidolia? It’s not Jesus, though, it’s the Geico caveman. And, of course, Cheesus. But don’t go looking for his mom in the Sun (though I’ll note that while researching my first book, I found that there have been no permanent complete blindness cases ever reported due to staring at the Sun. It does temporary damage, or can do permanent partial blindness, but not permanent total blindness).
6) The Neural Gourmet interviewed, um, the Phoenix Lander.
That’s it for now. I have more cool stuff for later….