My book, Death from the Skies!, comes out in less than two weeks.
|Death from the Skies!, coming very soon.|
I’ve added a countdown clock in the sidebar of the blog (go ahead, take a peek), as well as links to order it, and a couple of blurbs (one’s from my Close Personal Friend ™ Adam Savage). The clock assumes it goes on sale midnight October 20, but that’s close enough. Assume a bin size of one day.
I have some things I’m doing to promote the book. I’ll be writing some blog posts geared toward it over the next two weeks; so expect a wee bit more doom-and-gloom (but in a fun way!): more gamma-ray bursts, meteorites, solar events, and exponentially expanding collapses of the false quantum vacuum.
Also, I’m doing some press events. Here’s the list so far:
- October 21: I’m doing a live interview at Denver’s KUSA (Channel 9) at 12:20 or so p.m.
- October 21: I drive back home, and then I’ll be at the Boulder Bookstore that night at 7:30 to give a short presentation with a dramatic reading from the book. I’ll have a meteorite to show people, too.
- October 21: I drive home again, and then I’ll be on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory that evening from 2-5 a.m. Eastern time — check your listing. Lots of radio stations broadcast the show (it has 10 million listeners) and many stream it live as well.
- December 11: I’ll be giving a talk at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, time TBD.
I’m sure there will be more as time goes on. I’ll update this list as it changes, and report it here on the blog.
I’m hoping to be able to quote some of the reviews coming in; they’ve been very positive, and so I’m getting pretty excited! So tell a friend… it’ll make for appropriate Halloween reading.
Links to this Post
- Incoming!!! | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine | October 6, 2008
- News From Around The Blogosphere 10.6.08 « Skepacabra | October 7, 2008
- Pining for the Amazon « Mindshark | October 7, 2008
- Galactic tentacles of DOOM | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine | October 7, 2008