I met Alom Shaha last year while in London; by coincidence, really. He was working with my friend Gia filming an interview with her, and I tagged along (I got to use the clapper to start the clips!). Afterwards we went to a diner and had a great conversation. Gia and I left, and I figured I’d never hear from him again.
Wrong! Alom had an idea, and it was a good one: get scientists and science popularizers to write essays and make videos, saying why they thought science was important, and put them on a website called, oddly, Why is Science Important. Alom asked me to do one, and I kept blowing him off until he I felt way too guilty, so I finally caved and made a video.
It’s now online, and here it is:
Love it, hate it? Leave a comment at Alom’s site! And check out the videos and essays others have sent him. There’s a lot of very good stuff there.
Science is important. Go find out why.
Links to this Post
- Science Is Important! « Fazzal.com | February 22, 2009
- La ciencia es importante | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine | March 10, 2009
- Science is important! | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine | March 11, 2009
- Perche’ la scienza e’ importante « Lo scettico errante | March 11, 2010
- GeoWonk.com » Blog Archive » Why Science Is Important in Italian | March 17, 2010
- La scienza è importante « Learning is beautiful | March 17, 2010