I have a secret. And it really is one I can’t share just now. I promised someone.
You may speculate all you want in the comments, and I won’t confirm or deny anything until the time is right, and I can reveal all. It’s not Earth-shattering or anything, but if things work out the right way, it’ll be a whole lot of fun.
Until then, for reasons I can’t explain just yet, I need some help. It’s totally self-serving, and I make neither apologies nor excuses for it.
Basically, I’d like for you, me droogs, to spread the word about my blog. I don’t want anything artificial, like people clicking my posts lots of times just to rack up traffic — that won’t help, and may hurt, so seriously, please don’t. I want this to be at least somewhat organic, though with a kick start. If you like something I’ve written, tell a friend. Email someone with a link to a post here that you liked. You can help promote it via social networks like Digg, Reddit, and StumbleUpon (use the buttons at the top of each post; you may need to register with those sites which is free and actually worth your time, since there’s lots more great content waiting for you there).
Like I said, this is self-serving, but the end result should be fun. And if it pans out — well truly, even if it doesn’t, but I hope it does — I’ll reveal everything, in probably more detail than you’ll want. That’s a promise to you.
Links to this Post
- Eight Random Reasons To Follow Phil Plait « Rodibidably | March 24, 2009
- Shilling — Diary Of A Leaky Brain | April 7, 2009
- My secret nefarious inky plan revealed! | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine | April 8, 2009
- Eleven Random Reasons To Follow Phil Plait | Thinking Critically | August 25, 2010
- Work in Progress – March 2009 | the process diary | March 7, 2011