It’s rumor no more: FUTURAMA IS COMING BACK!!!!!
20th Century Fox Television, the animation powerhouse that brought “Family Guy” back from the dead five years ago, has done it again: Matt Groening and David X. Cohen’s brilliantly subversive animated sci-fi comedy “Futurama” will return to production on 26 new half-hour episodes more than six years after the series aired its last original episode.
Oh man, oh baby, oh man oh man! I am so happy about this! Futurama is one of the greatest television shows ever, and if you disagree, you’re wrong. Written by math and science dorks, it lampoons science fiction at the same time it betrays its love for it. The Star Trek episode with Melllvar is hands-down one of the funniest things ever written, and if the one with Fry’s dog doesn’t choke you up you’re not human (not that there’s anything wrong with being from Omicron Persei 8).
Yay! So now it’s just the long, long wait until mid-2010 for the new episodes to be released. But you will wait. YOU WILL WAIT.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD!
Tip o’ the cranium to BABloggee Svip.
Links to this Post
- The news just keeps getting better « Evolving Thoughts | June 9, 2009
- More Futurama? « Masks of Eris | June 10, 2009
- Futurama in your Future - Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Forum | June 10, 2009
- 26 new half-hour episodes of Futurama co… « Paul M. Watson | June 10, 2009
- links for 2009-06-10 | Yostivanich.com | June 10, 2009
- Good news, everybody! « Themartins666’s Blog | June 10, 2009
- Good news, everyone! « Life, Birds, and Everything | June 10, 2009
- As I said before, Good News, Everyone! « Notes from Evil Bender | June 10, 2009
- Good News, Everyone! (Not Really) :: Agent Bedhead | July 17, 2009