Sean and Carl are fine writers, and they wanted to be careful when they make their point; thus the longish essays.
But I’ll be more succinct. Bloggingheads had full-blown creationists being interviewed, making all the same long-debunked claims while the other person talking basically supported them. And BloggingHeads called that science.
So Bzzzzzzzt! I’m done with them. I was on BloggingHeads (with Carl) a few months ago, and I won’t ever do it again either. If they want to cast creationism as science, they might as well say Holocaust denial is real history, 9/11 truthers are engineers, and Birthers are patriots. They can do that, but it’s a crock.
Folks, the debate is over, and has been for decades: creationism is wrong, and provably so. And it’s certainly not science. Portraying it as such is either breathtaking ignorance, or a lie. Sorry, BHTV, but creationism is the shark, and you’re Fonzie.
Links to this Post
- Phil Plait no longer a Blogginghead « Why Evolution Is True | September 6, 2009
- Bloggingheads’ business plan: Borrow credibility and then blow it. | Blubeanz | September 7, 2009
- The Evolution Of A Blogginghead; Or The Ballad Of Jim And Jerry « Around The Sphere | September 9, 2009
- Bloggingheads Diavlog With Craig Callendar « Not Even Wrong | September 13, 2009
- On Bloggingheads With Michael Specter | The Intersection | Discover Magazine | November 14, 2009