Wow, that’s quite a star lineup! I wish I could’ve been there too. Maybe next year…
And the quote of the night from the President, who said this in response to a young girl who was 14 when she discovered a supernova, and a high school sophomore who found a rare type of pulsar:
NASA’s equipment is some pretty powerful stuff. But astronomy also depends on the curiosity and contribution of amateur astronomers. […] If they can discover something great, so can any of you other students who are here tonight. All you need is a passion for science.
Damn straight. And awesome.
Links to this Post
- White House stars « A Man With A Ph.D. | October 9, 2009
- The White House Astronomy Night: Change, Delivered | Astroengine.com | October 9, 2009
- You can discover the galaxy, too. | Digital Chum | October 11, 2009
- Astronomy Night at The White House « Q2C Festival | October 11, 2009
- Spacetime Report | The Contrarian | October 12, 2009
- Amber Straughn » Blog Archive » gotta love DC… | October 20, 2009