Yes, you read that right.
Finally, at last, after many months, I can now officially reveal the project that has kept me so busy over all this time. I think you’re gonna like this… so why not just jump right in to the teaser trailer posted online by a small TV network you may have heard of called THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!
[UPDATE: D’oh! There was a problem with the video, and Discovery is in the process of fixing it. It should be back up soon.]
[UPDATE: We’re back, baby!]
How ’bout that?
I’ve been working with the Discovery Channel on hosting a new TV science show called "Phil Plait’s Bad Universe". It’s a three-part program where I dissect issues in astronomy and science, putting claims to the test. There’s no air date yet, but I’m hoping it’ll be on your TV sets this fall.
As you can see in the trailer, the first episode is about asteroid impacts, and we tackle the issue in a way that I don’t think has been done on TV. I get right into the mix, blowing things up, flying in a jet, going where the action is so that I can participate in experiments with scientists and try to find out what works and what doesn’t. The idea here is not to have some dry, narrated documentary. Instead I will show you what’s going on, take you along, so that you can see how these things work and what we’re doing to investigate these issues.
I’ve been having a tremendous time filming this, flying around the country, seeing things I ordinarily would never get to see. And the beauty is, you can come too!
Eventually I’ll post some pictures I’ve taken on this adventure, and we’ll be posting more video online as well as more information about the show soon. I’d like to thank everyone at Discovery Channel and Morningstar Entertainment for giving me this chance to fulfill a long-standing dream of mine. We’ve worked very hard on this program, and I hope you like it.
Links to this Post
- Bad Universe | Knowledge Begetting Confidence | July 23, 2010
- Phil Plait’s Bad Universe comes to Discovery Channel « Skepacabra | July 24, 2010
- My Sooper Sekrit Project: REVEALED! « Men Into Space | July 24, 2010
- Bad Universe at Asymptotia | July 24, 2010
- Dr. Plait gets his own TV show! | PICAYUNE | July 25, 2010
- Bad Universe, Phil Plait llega a la tele — Amazings.es | July 27, 2010
- Dr. Phil Plait gets own TV show on Discovery « steve cross loves music and science | July 27, 2010
- vooLive.net » Blog Archive » Bad Universe, Phil Plait: “Vamos a mostrarte la ciencia real detrás de los misterios de este planeta, el Sistema Solar y el malvado Universo en el que vivimos” | July 28, 2010
- The Bad Astronomer | Imagine | July 28, 2010
- This week in science | Second Reagan Revolution | August 7, 2010
- Interesting Stuff: Early August 2010 « The Outer Hoard | August 7, 2010
- Phil Plait says: Don’t Be a Dick | Hurtling Through Space | August 18, 2010
- On the subject of being a dick… « The Winnipeg Skeptics | August 18, 2010
- VooDoo History » Skepticality - The Official Podcast of Skeptic Magazine and the Skeptics Society | May 31, 2011
- Phil Plait says: Don’t Be a Dick « Hurtling Through Space | September 16, 2011