[I know I already posted this, but the video of the trailer had to be taken down, fixed, and put back up, so I’m reposting to give everyone a chance to actually watch it. Everything works now. Yay! Also, it’s up on reddit (actually twice) and Fark, too.]
Finally, at last, after many months, I can now officially reveal the Sooper Sekrit Project that has kept me so busy over all this time. I think you’re gonna like this… so why not just jump right in to the teaser trailer posted online by a small TV network you may have heard of called THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!
How ’bout that?
I’ve been working with the Discovery Channel on hosting a new TV science show called "Phil Plait’s Bad Universe". It’s a three-part program where I dissect issues in astronomy and science, putting claims to the test. There’s no air date yet, but I’m hoping it’ll be on your TV sets this fall.
As you can see in the trailer, the first episode is about asteroid impacts, and we tackle the issue in a way that I don’t think has been done on TV. I get right into the mix, blowing things up, flying in a jet, going where the action is so that I can participate in experiments with scientists and try to find out what works and what doesn’t. The idea here is not to have some dry, narrated documentary. Instead I will show you what’s going on, take you along, so that you can see how these things work and what we’re doing to investigate these issues.
I’ve been having a tremendous time filming this, flying around the country, seeing things I ordinarily would never get to see. And the beauty is, you can come too!
Eventually I’ll post some pictures I’ve taken on this adventure, and we’ll be posting more video online as well as more information about the show soon. I’d like to thank everyone at Discovery Channel and Morningstar Entertainment for giving me this chance to fulfill a long-standing dream of mine. We’ve worked very hard on this program, and I hope you like it.
Links to this Post
- Bad Universo: !Un Universo Malvado¡ « Ungaman’s Free Blog | July 27, 2010
- The Bad Astronomer does The Bad Universe « A Natural Evolution | July 27, 2010
- Phil Plait’s “Bad Universe” Sneak Peek! | FISTFIGHT AT THE ARTHOUSE | July 27, 2010
- Bad Universe coming to a Discovery Channel near you « Men Into Space | July 28, 2010
- I’m looking forward to it already | Genius Moments | July 29, 2010
- I can’t wait! « Blue Lyon | August 1, 2010
- Thoughts of a Game Developer » Congrats to Bad Astromomy | August 1, 2010
- Mark your calendars: Bad Universe premieres August 29! | Fokus News | August 19, 2010
- Mark your calendars: Bad Universe premieres August 29! | Bad Astronomy | cYaNk | August 19, 2010