My congratulations to my
Hive overmind Discover Magazine co-blogger Chris Mooney for being appointed to the Board of the American Geophysical Union, a premier society of scientists and engineers!
They brought on Chris (as well as Floyd DesChamps, a policy advisor on climate change to the Senate for more than a decade) to advise the AGU on how to better and more effectively communicate with the public and lawmakers in Washington. Sounds like a good idea to me, since it’s something we obviously need quite desperately right now.
You can read the official announcement on the AGU site, which has more details. Again, congrats to Chris!
Links to this Post
- Don’t be a phick « Butterflies and Wheels | December 6, 2010
- needed: fewer communicators and more scientists » weird things | December 7, 2010
- Accomodationists Grab Another Ring | Dilaceratus | December 7, 2010
- Ouch ! | Furious Purpose | December 8, 2010
- Time to end your membership with the American Geophysical Union | Watts Up With That? | December 13, 2010