I’ve been posting amazing astronomical night sky time lapse videos, but how about one that shows a time lapse about astronomy?
If you’ve ever attended a star party you’ll know that it really does look like this (lots of extremely rapid, frantic movement while there’s still light, and then, suddenly, astronomy). Patryk did some special effects with the actual deep-sky images, adding the 3D star fields, but the shots of the sky movement at the end are pretty much as-is, and quite nice.
If Patryk’s name is familiar, he did the amazing video called The Chapel, showing an eerily beautiful decayed Protestant chapel in Poland. He used HDR (high dynamic range) techniques which gave that video an astonishing, mystical feel to it. It went viral quickly; I remember seeing it when it came out and it really is worth seeing the whole thing.
Having seen so many of these videos now, it’s clear that the music complements these videos tremendously. The visuals are moody and draw you in, but the music adds a dimension, a depth, that is fascinating to me. It makes a big difference, and I really do like a lot of the music the photographers choose.
– Australian Outback time lapse
– Dust, from the desert below to the galaxy above
– Stunning winter sky timelapse video: Sub Zero
– OK, because I like y’all: bonus aurora timelapse video
– Sidereal Motion
– Amazing wide-angle time lapse night sky video
– AWESOME timelapse video: Rapture
Links to this Post
- Weer eens wat anders: een timelapse-video van een… Astroparty! | Astroblogs | May 6, 2011
- Links und Videos der Woche (2011/18) :: cimddwc | May 9, 2011
- Welcome to the party | The sky this month | June 17, 2011