Halloween is coming, and while people are out trick or treating or enjoying a costume party, the Universe will continue to go about its business.
The business of DEATH, that is. Black holes will continue to tear apart stars and gorge themselves on the tasty, gooey insides; galaxies will erupt with high-energy radiation, blasting out killer rays for hundreds of thousands of light years; giant clouds of gas will collapse, form stars, and promptly have their interiors eaten out from within.
The Universe is scary, and even scarier on Halloween. And I can prove it to you, with a gallery of eerie and spooky images I hand-picked just for you. So turn down the lights, play some creepy space sounds, and enjoy. And if you get a chill down your spine while you peruse the gallery, why, I don’t blame you. After all, Halloween is for make-believe… but what you’re seeing is very, very real.
Links to this Post
- World’s Strangest | A Cosmic Halloween Gallery | October 27, 2011
- Imágenes fantasmagóricas del espacio | October 27, 2011
- A cosmic Halloween gallery: things that go BOO in the night | Bad Astronomy | JoeShop | October 27, 2011
- Science Horror Stories « Earth « Science Today: Beyond the Headlines | October 28, 2011
- Halloween Celebration and Astronomy « Journey to the Stars | October 30, 2011