The best part of our work is meeting the people who power citizen science either by visiting and joining SciStarter, engaging in projects, or sharing, saving, or facilitating projects and events.
If you’re receiving this message, that includes YOU! We’d love to meet you in person at any of the following events. Fingers crossed that one of them takes place near you. If so, please come say “hi!”
The SciStarter Team
SciStarter Events at the Citizen Science Association Conference
SciStarter is organizing several talks, workshops and events at the Citizen Science Association Conference this week (WOOT!). Details are posted on SciStarter.org/eventsand on SciStarter’s Facebook Events Page.These events include:
- SciStarter Affiliate tools workshop(March 12)
- Grow by Connecting: New Ways to Link to SciStarter (March 13)
- Reaching Girls Through Citizen Science(March 15)
- Creating a common vernacular for CitSci Tools(March 15)
- Storytelling in Citizen Science(March 15)
- Building capacity for citizen science in libraries(March 15)
- Citizen Science and the University(March 15)
- CitSci+SciComm: Brainstorming new collaborations(March 16)
- Uncovering Connections across Citizen Science Projects(March 16)
- Citizen Science Festival at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences (March 16) This is a public event, open to all!Location: Raleigh, NC
Visit SciStarter.org/Citizen-Science-Day to find and add events including many taking place on Citizen Science Day, April 13!
Our team will be stationed at events in Phoenix, LA, Washington, DC, Akron, Ohio, Philadelphia, PA, and many other locations.
Please join us and the Science Cheerleaders (current and former NFL and NBA cheerleaders pursuing STEM careers!) at the Cambridge Science Festival and Robot Zoo in Cambridge, MA!
Saturday, April 13, 12:00pm – 4:00pm
For the entire month of April, celebrate science in North Carolina! Over 350 science events take place all over the state for all ages.
April 1-30, 2019 Find an event for you!
Location: North Carolina
Join us at the Philadelphia Science Festival, organized and led by the Franklin Institute. Celebrate the science that surrounds our daily lives and engage in real science in need of your help.
May 4, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Your SciStarter dashboard helps you track your contributions to projects. Complete your profile to access this and other free tools. It’s also how we match you with the best projects near you.
Contact the SciStarter Team