Cross-posted from Cosmic Variance:
From the Seattle P.I.:
About 3 p.m. Sunday, Bellevue firefighters were called to the 17100 block of Northeast Fifth Street after neighbors saw flames and smoke.
“It appears that a glass bowl, partially filled with water and elevated on a wire rack in a sunny area of the home’s deck, provided the right conditions to focus the sunlight and start a fire,” Lt. Eric Keenan said.
They should have listened to the warnings from the ants.
Discoblog: Fire Water Gets Literal: Colorado Couple’s Tap Water Erupts in Flames
Discoblog: Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires—But Maybe You Shouldn’t