1. First, a post from the past: Through the rugged roads of gene land
2. Weird search query of the week: “do estonians like finns”. Answer: no one likes Finns! (especially Swedes)
3. Comment of the week, in response to Things are looking up for the world’s poor!:
These are all percentages, and the rates of increases are generally lower than the population increases in poor parts of the world. So while the percentage of malnutrition, for example, may be increasing by 3% per decade, the total number of malnurished people is still increasing due to the increase in population.
A perfect illustration of the dynamic noted earlier (as a factual matter the comment above may, or may not, be correct by the way; depends on the statistics you look at. Though a true pessimistic can point out that there are hundreds of millions of more malnourished people alive today than in 1700).
4) From last week, 62% of you are not New Atheists, 22% are, and 15% don’t know.
5) And finally, your weekly fluff fix: