By now you’ve surely heard about evangelist Ray Comfort’s plan to distribute thousands of free copies of Darwin’s Origin of Species–with his own 54-page nonsense ‘special’ introduction–to students at the ‘100 top U.S. universities.’ Yesterday they were given out at Duke (pictured), but unfortunately I missed it since I’m on the road.
In response, the National Center for Science Education has launched a campaign to counter the stunt: www.dontdisdarwin.com features resources, a detailed analysis of the Comfort introduction, the NCSE Safety Bookmark (for use with Comfort’s edition of Origin), and this terrific flier–which I’m glad to report was all over the Duke campus today. Help spread the truth by sharing the url and reposting the flier on your own site.
Links to this Post
- Ray Comfort’s Anti-Darwinian Travesty | The Intersection | Discover Magazine | November 20, 2009
- DisComfort at Asymptotia | November 27, 2009
- Comfort From the Enemy ; Blog Archives Offline Still « Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff – Site News | December 4, 2009
- Enemies of Skepticism 2009 – The Top 10 Offenders | Young Australian Skeptics | December 23, 2009
- Maddow at CPAC « The Great American Desert | February 19, 2010