Barack Obama has picked Steven Chu, director of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory at Berkeley as his Secretary of Energy. This will be interesting–what happens when you put a Nobel-prize winning scientist in charge of a government department? Here’s one prediction: expect a lot of synthetic biology. Practically nobody has heard of synthetic biology today, but that will probably change.
Links to this Post
- Ginkgoo » Blog Archive » Secretary of Synthetic Biology | December 11, 2008
- Can E. coli Save the World? | The Loom | Discover Magazine | January 6, 2009
- Secretary of Synthetic Biology Indeed | The Loom | Discover Magazine | January 13, 2009
- Interesting Theorie - Page 2 | January 17, 2009
- Nanotechnology - Page 8 | April 15, 2009