The NERS poll of the year continues. Same rules as before: you vote for your favourite stories from this blog over the last year, in various fields of science.
- What is the difference between the human genome and a pair of headphones?
- DNA sculpture and origami – a meeting of art and nanotechnology
- How inbreeding killed off a line of kings
- Genetic neoteny – how delayed genes separate human brains from chimps
- The death and resurrection of IRGM – the “Jesus gene”
- The copied gene that gave dachshunds and corgis their short legs
- Unintentional genetic engineering – grafted plants trade genes
- Child abuse permanently modifies stress genes in brains of suicide victims