The editors of 3 Quarks Daily have finished their deliberations and compiled a list of finalists for their Science Prize. The good news is I’m in, and thanks to everyone who submitted a post and voted for one. The bad news is that the competition is immensely stiff (although no real surprises here – these are some of the finest science bloggers around).
It’s all down to Dawkins now.
In no particular order, here are the finalists:
- Cosmic Variance: Free Energy and the Meaning of Life
- My Growing Passion: The Evolution of Chloroplasts
- Not Exactly Rocket Science: Gut bacteria in Japanese people borrowed digesting genes from ocean bacteria
- Observations of a Nerd: Evolution: The Curious Case of Dogs
- Scientific Blogging: MSL: Mars Action Hero
- The Loom: Skullcaps and Genomes
- The Primate Diaries: Chimpanzees Prefer Fair Play to Reaping an Unjust Reward
- The Thoughtful Animal: Does oral sex confer an evolutionary advantage? Evidence from bats
- Why Evolution Is True: The Evolutionary Calculus of Depression