Transhumanism is a preposteriously broad topic. I can’t hope to keep up with all the news, but I can try to keep y’all abreast of the best of it.
- Model implantable artificial kidney getting tested. Make sure you pay your bills or expect the repo men.
- Locked-in patients get another new way to communicate – MIND SPEECH.
- “Delusions of Gender.” Everything you think you know about male/female brains is wrong.
- Progeria (early, rapid aging) has been linked to normal aging. Solve one, help solve the other (maybe).
- Your brain has a pretty flexible idea of what is actually a part of your body.
- Three arguments for the consciousness of cephalopods – Annalee Newitz condenses Mike Lisieski’s essay defending the intelligence of these aliens in our backyard. Add them to the list of animals with partial personhood.
- Five Ways to Well-Being – Wanna live longer? Live better.
- A Victorian Era prosthetic arm (pictured) is on display at the Science Museum, London. Ash and his boomstick are unimpressed.
- Hollywood is redesigning humanity! Transhumanism is in vogue.
- E.O. Wilson attacks selfishness as an evolutionary force.
- The top 20 essential science fiction TV shows [Scifi 101] – part of io9’s Sci-Fi University, these shows are required reading if you’re gonna really enjoy this blog.
CATEGORIZED UNDER: Utter Nerd
MORE ABOUT: Links